Developers Needed - Full Time Contracting Positions with the opportunity to evolve into a permanent position.
Pentagram is seeking developers, with a passion to develop and implement software projects to support our growing interactive and digital endeavors. You will be responsible for developing and will work closely with teams of UI/UX designers and development teams.
We are looking for candidates with a clear passion for learning, who are eager and are capable of working in a highly creative environment. You must possess a sense of responsibility in seeking creative technical solutions and strong collaborative skills.
Besides being an awesome developer, you have an appetite for learning new languages and keeping up with technology.
• Hands on experience in full software development life cycle (design, implementation, testing, maintenance, documentation.
• Have experience development software in various web application frameworks and languages.
• Enjoy learning and experimenting with new technologies
• Are looking for a contracting position that has the opportunity to evolve into a full-time position.
• Participation in project planning (story grooming, sprint planning)
• Active participation in code review with other developers
• Take ownership in responsibility and accountability of assigned project tasks
• Interpersonal skills to work with internal stakeholders to help refine development requirements and estimate level of efforts
• Communication skills to work effectively with Project Managers, team developers and stakeholders
• Analytical skills to efficiently comprehend technical requirements and to transform them into implemented solutions
• Expertise of the Drupal 7+ platform
• Advanced understanding of Drupal 7 module development
• Experience with MVC frameworks
• Custom development with PHP and MySQL
• Working with DBIAN OS a bonus
• Experience with version control systems, specifically Git-hub and Subversion
• Excellent written and verbal communication skill
• Estimating work time, planning and scheduling
• Ability to quickly adapt and learn new technologies
• Experience developing applications under Agile, Scrum, or similar development process would be a plus
• Experience developing applications from IA/UX documentation such as sitemaps, wireframes and application flow diagrams
• Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred or 3+ years of software application development experience
The available positions are for Pentagram’s New York office.
Salary with benefits: Negotiable based upon position and experience.
Contact: Nikki Barker, firstname.lastname@example.org